It’s an exciting month for Planet Daughter!
We have a fresh look, new interviews for you to read, and information about our one-of-a-kind school and community programs. I hope you’ll take a look and share it with every father you know who has a teenage daughter. You can find graphics and posts to share on our Facebook and Twitter Pages, and you can follow along using #BeHerBFF (Best Father Forever).
As I’ve looked over my posts, the research studies, and the interviews from the past several months, there’s one overarching theme: Talk to her.
Talk to her even if you don’t always know what to say. Talk to her if it’s awkward. Talk to her even if she doesn’t want to talk to you. Talk to her even if she doesn’t talk back. As you read through our pages, you’ll find tips and insights to help you have more comfortable, productive conversations with your daughter.
This week, we’re featuring an interview with legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard, who shares his reflections on fatherhood and his hopes for his daughter. Sign up for exclusive access to upcoming interviews with experts and icons including:
– Chevy Chase, Actor
– Dr. Amy Herold, Medical Director of ShimmerTeen
– Peggy Orenstein, Author Girls & Sex: Navigating the Complicated New Landscape
– Denise Restauri, Forbes Contributor & CEO of GirlQuake
– Dr. Richard Weissbourd, Faculty Director, Human Development & Psychology, Harvard Graduate School of Education & Author, The Parents We Mean To Be
We believe in the power of father-daughter bonds, and the new Planet Daughter is designed to help you strengthen yours.
– Kimberly Wolf, M.Ed. Founder